Thursday, August 8, 2013

Prepping for Year 1

It's official! With a signed contract, teaching schedule, and a snazzy staff ID, I'm ready to embark on my agriculture teaching career in a 2-teacher department at Cumberland Valley High School in Mechanicsburg, PA.  After a stressful summer filled with interviews, rejections, and some professional development conferences, I am breathing much easier knowing that I am very fortunate to have secured a teaching position in Pennsylvania.

And now the work (and fun) begins! Here's a quick glance at the courses I'll be teaching this fall:

Ag Leadership
CASE Intro to Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources (2 sections)
CASE Animal Science (2 sections)
Agriculture Experience (SAE)

I'm very thankful to have gone through a CASE institute this summer as it will allow my first year teaching to run smoothly and have a great chunk of lesson planning completed.

My goals for Year 1 of teaching:

  • Survive & Thrive!
  • Deliver engaging, relevant, and progressive lessons in each course to prepare students for future employment or post-secondary education
  • Become familiar with CV Ag Science traditions, stakeholders, and student needs
  • Train 1 CDE team to compete at State Level
  • Successfully implement AET record-keeping with 2 Freshman sections of AFNR 

I am very thankful for the support that I've received so far from my co-teacher, CV administration, and the other Agriculture teachers in Cumberland County.  I'm blessed to have the help and support of these individuals and can't wait to begin my journey to make a difference!

~D

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you! You will do great things!

    CV is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete